• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

psu frying mobos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psi

Ok i have to emachines setting here. Both are socket 478. Well one of these guys was working fine. I received another cause it wasnt working. It was the psu. Well i was testing the mobo with a good psu and it wouldnt power on. Well i fot the psu and fried the other pc up..arrrgh:bang head

So now i have to dead emachines sitting here. I wanted to get some cheap boards of ebay and fix these guys up and donate them. Any way i can test the psu with out pluging them in a good mobo?

Or should i just buy 2 more psu and be done with it.

i would just trash them, otherwise depending on the case. it might be worth using the case for new machines to sell.

well If you don't know electronics I wouldn't recommend it... but connect pin 14 to a ground on the atx connector... then use a multimeter to test them? Also it's not the best as you aren't having any load on the psu and so not a real reliable test...

But If you haven't the knowledge and experience I'd say just grab 2 psu's ;)

Back