• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterRy88

So i've been having some problems for a while. First something blew on my Asus P5N32-E SLI so I bought a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. But when I tried to install my Spire Thermax II Cooler the mounting kit wouldnt fit in either orientation. So I looked around and ended up buying a ProlimaTech Megahalems. But one of the screws was a factory defect and didnt fit over the nut. *sigh* so I had to go through support and emailed a very nice and prompt respoding mina something. She shipped my part out and I got it yesterday. Put everything back together and with everything on stock settings I was able to achieve 3.9Ghz, which gives me hope for this combination of chip and board.

Attachments

• 3.9GHz.jpg
    3.9GHz.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 56
I have all my voltages set to I think normal or standard which I believe is stock?????

It's a great board. I came from the Asus P5N-E SLI, and there are so many more settings on the UD3P...I haven't even touched them yet since I dunno what they are...

I just upped vcore, upped FSB, and lowered multiplier. Easy 4.335GHz :clap:

I could probably do even better since I'm only at 1.28v (1.1875 VID) and low 60s temp wise, but again I'm not familiar with the settings.

yeah Im kinda where you are at. All I have done is upped the vcore from 1.25 to 1.275 and that has given me 4.13Ghz. I think my RAM might be holding me back since its only 800MHz but we will have to see. And as far as temps mine are right in the low 60's, and its always 22C or hotter here in the house so I would say things are going pretty well. Oh I also think I changed upped the termination voltage by the same amount as the vcore.

Heres a screenie

Attachments

• 4.13GHz.jpg
    4.13GHz.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 42
Yeah, your RAM will most likely be your limiting factor. I had to get some 1066 to continue my OC. It was cheap then $50, for some reason RAM has skyrocketed in price. My same G.Skills are now $90 at newegg...

I ran DDR2-800 RAM slower than the CPU with my P5N-E to keep my RAM at 400MHz while the FSB was at 425MHz...wierd ratio, but it worked.

No clue, really. Here's a thread in "Vendor Discussions" with some thoughts.

I'll post info I've found scavenging the internet for UD3P BIOS settings when I get home from work, if my internet is back up...

Back