• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EX58-UD5 Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

probie93

I'm having a problem with the GA-EX58-UD5 MOBO. When I start my computer the keboard only works to select a menu or when its in the main bois menu. Anytime after that or in any other menu the keybord stops working. I'v tryed a logitec g15 and another dell keyboard. I get the same result with both.
My second problem which might be related to the first. It involes installing Windows. When I try to install Windows 7 (RC) or XP i simply load the files and then no window comes up for the install promp.
I have tryed everything I know (which isnt all that much) to fix this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
probie93

As odd as it sound's, change usb ports, try other combos for the mouse and keyboard.
Don't know why, but I've had this myself, and trying other combos worked.

You are installing windows at stock speed right ?
Though it may be better to set the vcore and vmem yourself.

Try a PS2 keyboard if you have one. As far Windows goes patience is a virtue and do you have any other peripherals or add in cards installed other than your video card?

If installing the OS clean, a PS2 might be easier. My USB keboard usually works just fine through OS install and then doesn't do anything once the desktop is reached until drivers are installed. It's one of my pet peeves that Windows installs everything else first and the "Human Interface Device" last :rolleyes: I don't recall Win7 having any problem like that though. Like Deanzo said, try other ports and see if it helps.

Also, make sure that "USB Keyboard" is enabled in BIOS (disabled by default). It basically makes USB keyboard useable between POST and desktop (failed boot screens, etc.). It shouldn't make a diff for your issue, but you probably want it on regardless.

Win7 RC takes *forever* to get going on install for me. Are you installing fresh (ie. boot install) or trying to install from the desktop (upgrade)? Sounds like the latter if you are "loading files". If you're doing an upgrade from the desktop, do you have admin priveleges in your current OS?

Back