• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hitting a wall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rasbo

Hi, wasn't sure where to post this.

Anyhow, i'm trying to run up my processor (E6320 1.87GHz stock) however I seem to be hitting a wall at 445 at 1778MHz FSB giving the processor speed as 3.11GHz. Any more than this and the system wont post.

The MOBO i'm running is a XFX 680i LT.
My temps dont reach above 57*C after running Orthos for 5hrs.
I've limited the memory to a max of 800MHz
Vcore is 1.35V and vFSB is 3.4V, increasing the voltage still wont get it to post.

Am i limited by the CPU or the MOBO or neither

Thanks

Andy

680i boards are notorious for having FSB holes. Maybe try pushing 10-20Mhz past that number and see if it boots then.

What is the stock voltage setting for that CPU (DL Realtemp and look at Max VID or Coretemp and look at VID)?

I assume you meant 1.4v vFSB?

Have you tired lowering the multi on the CPU to see if you hit the FSB limit of the board?

Yes i did mean 1.5v

Will lower the multi down to 6 and have a go

The VID is 1.35V

Is a 66% overclock average or a bit low?

I would think you need to add more vcore. If the VID (stock voltage) is 1.35 and thats all you have given it.

66% is a solid overclock already.

Only managed to get up to 450MHz with Vcore at 1.48v and and FSB 1.5v

Stable so far. Guess I must just be hitting the boards limit, think its only rated at 1333Mhz (may be wrong). Well stable so far... fingers crossed

Did you raise the NB volts???

If I was you, I would definately look at the guide that is stickied in the INtel CPU section. That should help you out a lot. :)

Back