• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rampage II Extreme my thoughts on it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Living Waters

Registered
Asus Rampage II Extreme

I think I will be getting this board instead of the P6T Deluxe v2 for these two main reasons.

1. The board is a good gaming board.
2. The Price is good too.

For example the price of the board at Zipzoomfly has it at $344.99 if you break it down to just the board with out the Creative Labs X-FI sound card, this is what the price of the board alone would cost: $221.00. If you really look at it this board comes with the sound card, that means no on board sound on the MOBO taking up CPU resources, and it’s a CREATIVE LABS PCI Express SoundBlaster X-Fi Titauium Fatal1ty Pro … zipzoomfly has this sound card for sale at $128.99, now the $344.99 is not looking too bad after all, for example if you want to purchase the ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 zipzoomfly has it for sale at: $284.99 and lets just say you wanted to upgrade or add a better sound card so you get the X-Fi from zipzoomfly at $128.99 that would put your MOBO and sound card combo to $413.98. There for I think if you like CREATIVE LABS PCI Express SoundBlaster X-Fi Titauium Fatal1ty Pro and a socket 1366 type of board I would defiantly be getting the ASUS Rampage II Extreme Intel X58 at $344.99.

It's a GREAT board if you are going to stay under 215 bclk, and are planning on using no more than 2 videocards. I'm in the middle of an article fro the frontpage on my experiences with this board.

Back