• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

found something intresting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not all countries have AC power. If you notice there are models for 12V, 24V and 48V. The most common aplication is probably cars, which are 12V or RVs which often have 24V. One of the main purposes of the powersupply is to filter out the spikes. It is one says that it keeps the power within 1% of specs.

Yeah, they're probably for Gram and Gramps e-mailing in the motorhome park in Florida (like my wifes Grandparents do):cool:

But, however, you could make a slammin mp3 player for the car. A smaller one to run just the computer, cause you can run all your fans off of the cars 12 volts. The monitor however remains tricky without one of those lcd/card combos, but surely doable.

Well the LCD, is going to have to run out of a Video out, not really a monitor, Ive never seen a monitor LCD 5" big, Ive seen those big ones. but Defently dooable. I can Probly power it using the power supply, Ive seen it done, No biggie. but is 250 Watts, Enough??? also, Are there any line conditioners? or what can I use to see if my power line is smooth???

http://earthlcd.com/skhome.htm

Here's a link with an 8.4" kit, unfortunately they are sold out of the smaller ones. You need a 2000 series unless you want to go with a much more expensive one. These have the card, screen and inverter (for screen lighting) all included.

As for watts, I don't know of an easy way to do it. You could do alot of research and then do the math (adding the wattage for all the components together). If all it's got is the mobo, video, sound, harddrive, and cd drive, I wouldn't think it'd need much more than 250 watts. I don't know what this lcd would need either. Desktop Computers tend to have everything else plugged into them, also supporting more drives, so they need a bigger one.

I would assume you'd have to have a higher wattage alternator in the car to keep up with the drain. I don't know how much extra (unused) wattage your car would supply, not even if I knew the car. You'd have to experiment with something that drew the same wattage, or buy it and try it.

I also want a touch screen, easyer to controll insted of a touch pad, I might not get the touch screen and go with a wireless wood Grain Keyboard. they have hire Wattage power supplys from that place, but there like 24 and 42 volts, Thats just TOOO much, heh. unless it doesnt matter? and there are no prices on the websight, so they might be to expensive.

Back