• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel dx58so boots really slow... any suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GruffiGummi

even with an intel 80gb ssd my comp is booting in just under a minute... takes forever simply to post.

is this mobo just supposed to be really solid and checks way more stuff than necessary? any clues are appreciated

even with an intel 80gb ssd my comp is booting in just under a minute... takes forever simply to post.

is this mobo just supposed to be really solid and checks way more stuff than necessary? any clues are appreciated

Mine takes a good decade or two while it's getting the RAID together, but then i see the splash screen within 2 seconds... then it goes away, and nice blinking cursor while it checks the CD that isn't in the drive, and it boots. You can cut 10 seconds off just by moving the CD drive out of the boot order.

The newest BIOS is buggy, and it restarts like 3 times before it actually starts, so if you have that, i'd recommend downgrading.

This board is just a slow booter, no 2 ways about it. My boot time officially is like 27 seconds, but Windows only takes me what, 14 seconds to load? Post time is like 13 seconds with cdrom off the boot list.

Slow boot on DX58SO

Hello,

I got a second hand dx58so with i7 920.
I installed 2x8GB RAM (Kingston KHX16C9T3K2/16X) and new fans.

1. I first tried to see whether all these working. It took ~35 seconds to display the VGA message (NVIDIA) and ~43 seconds to show the "Press F2 to setup BIOS" message. This can't be normal. Any ideas?

2. Also, on boot, all fans are powered and suddenly, after ~10 seconds it seems that they stop and boot starts again (with success).

3. I also get "The system BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s)". Note, I have only installed an empty SSD in SATA 0 slot.

EDIT:
I removed the CMOS battery for 10 seconds and now it is even worst: It boots for 10 seconds and then reboots for 10 seconds and reboots for 10 seconds...for ever....

Last edited:
Back