• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Processor/Temp Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FBPerformance

Registered
I recently bought a 13" MacBook Pro (i went to the dark side I know) anyways, my question is 2 fold. . .

1. Is there a difference between the P7550 & P7570 processor, cpuz is saying I have both?!?!

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=788433

2. What is considered a hot temp for these processors? I run my E8500 OC'd at 50*C at load, and my MBP is running usually 58* and up to 80* should I be concerned at all?

Thanks!

FBPerformance, From what i have read (as i personally do not own a E8500) your 50 Load Temp is actually quite good.

You said your MBP is running 58 Idle and 80 Load? (MBP??? mother board probe?)

Your link did not work for me sadly =(

MBP = MacBook Pro, Yea I'm pretty pleased with my E8500 temps my main question is about my MBP's cpu temp of 80-90* under 100% load.

788433.png

Tjunction is the cutoff point, anything below it is fine. Really, you can't kill a modern intel laptop cpu with heat. Personally, i'd like to see under 80*c, but that's just me.

Okay, I would love to see lower temps as well, I bought a good laptop cooler/pad thing and that did help drop 4-5*. Guess these things just run that hot

Well i did a little more searching and it seams that the macbook run hot due to the lac of space and the way apple approched the cooling, but some people out there are getting hotter temps then you at load.

"i run intel burn test on a macbook pro 13" with P7570 2.26GHz CPU, with vista 32 bit OS installed, the max temperature of CPU hits 96C which i have never seen from any other brand of laptop.

this is because of the aluminum enclosure & they aren't proactive enough on the fans, they keep them mostly reactive...

Back