• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium M Pin mod (Prime 95 fail)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraManiac

Guys I own a toshiba L250-s119 with Pentium M 370.

I over clocked it with a pin mod a few years back and was running stable.

The laptop could not handle 720p videos so I upgraded the CPU with a Pentium M 390 with the same pin mod. 720p video plays fine now. :)

how ever when I fun the Prime 95, the test failed. (keeps getting BOSD too)

Can someone help me find out what is going on?

This is the guild that is on this forum right now. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=432270

But there is a difference from this guild and the one that I used. in this guild the two pins that are grounded are (red) but the build I followed is Green

All helps are appreciated.

Last edited:
Also it seems the laptop overheats as well.

I keep getting the BSOD when ever I am trying to install Microsoft office 2007 and AVG antivirus 9.0 (upgrading through update)

When I play the 720p video to max out the CPU at 100%, I don't get BSOD instead the laptop will lock up, and nothing works. I have to push the power button to shut it down.

Help please.

sound like the heat cannot disapate the heat from the overclocked cpu
did you check to see if the heatsink and fan are clogged with any dust
the fan might be failing

the fan seems to run fine, I cleaned it when i took the laptop apart.

is there any way to check and see is the cpu is getting enough power?

I did mine like the red colored one in your pic. My pentium m 725 is overclocked to 2.1Ghtz (1.6Ghtz is stock) and it's stable all the time. Been like that for two years now. I would suggest using notebook hardware control to actually lower the voltage on the upper multipliers. It helped drop my temps by 10c and it doesn't heat up as quickly either. I dropped mine on avg. about 0.2v in the upper multipliers. If i did more than that it got buggy. Hope that helps?
Leon

I have been missing around with my laptop for the past few days, and it seems heat is really the issue.

When I sit the laptop on tome of a 20" fan, the laptop works fine and does not give me the BSOD or lock up after running for couple house with CPU at 100%.

But when I take it off the fan, I get BSOD in like 15 to 20 min.

How do you lower the voltage on the CPU from the BIOs? I am not sure if my BIOS has the options though. What should I look for?

Back