• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cell phone chip glue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karups

I have an HTC Touch Pro cell phone. The keyboard doesn't work because a particular connector keeps popping loose. This common problem is detailed in pictures here.

Tape has not worked (I have the same problem area as the guy in the thread). (Due to a crappy design there is a reasonably strong upward force on the connector.)

At this point the keyboard is useless so I'm ready to try something drastic, even if it breaks the keyboard (although hopefully nothing else). I'm thinking some sort of glue. Any suggestions for ways to glue a connector on? As long as I get the connector on there tight before gluing it, and the glue is non-conductive, I imagine I'll be ok. Of course, it would be nice if I could remove it if I screw up...

Here is a teardown of the phone in case you want a better visual of what the connector looks like.

Last edited:
I'd crazy glue it - VERY MODESTLY. If it pops again, I'd use slightly more glue than I did previously. The least amount you can use to keep it on the better.

Back