• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P6T SE Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Publisher

Hi

I am currently building a new PC with the following components:

Asus P6T SE m/b
Radeon HD 5770
Intel i7 920
G.Skill 12gb (3 x 2x2) RAM DDR3-1600 PC3-12800

The computer posts okay, but if the main power supply has been switched off for a couple of minutes (or more), then the computer will not post - and I have to clear the BIOS to get it to post again.

I have changed the CMOS battery - no difference. I have also tried a different graphics card - no difference. Also tried different combinations of the RAM - no difference.

Therefore, I seem to have eliminated everything but the motherboard. Also flashed the BIOS to the latest version (0603) from that installed (0504).

I have got a replacement motherboard -exact same make/model - coming tomorrow... but for logistical reasons, I need to go ahead and get the OS (W7 x64) up and running tonight.

Will I have to reinstal W7 when I fit the new board tomorrow, or will it simply drop in? I understand that changing a motherboard usually needs a complete r/i - but as it's the same type, is this still the case?

Cheers for any heads up...

No, you only need to reinstall the OS if your changing the type of components. With the same motherboard there will be no issues. I hope your issue is resolved with the replacement mobo; please post and let us know the outcome.

Back