• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

for those with asus p6t deluxe V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregers05

i just finished my build(minus the video card) and i fired it up to make sure everything worked and noticed that there is a blue LED under the first red slot for ram. but only under that slot. are there supposed to be LEDs lit up under each slot that has ram? or just that one?

How do you fire up the system to make sure eveything works without a video card? It won't post without one and you can't see if everything works anyway.

There should only be one led.

How do you fire up the system to make sure eveything works without a video card? It won't post without one and you can't see if everything works anyway.

There should only be one led.

well what i meant was when i was making sure everything works was to make sure all the fans, power button worked, cd drive worked and fan controller did what it was supposed to. also to make sure nothing was just dead as far as the MB and power supply go. also to make sure nothing caught on fire:D since this is my first build lol.

since there is only supposed to be one led everything appears to be running smoothly, we will see for sure when i get the video card.

I understand what you mean about making sure everything powers on, but you really do nee a video card to really check everything properly. Good choice on the board!

I understand what you mean about making sure everything powers on, but you really do nee a video card to really check everything properly. Good choice on the board!

yep you are right. waiting for next paycheck to get the video card, should get it late next week. or if I get bored before then ill steal the radeon X600 out of the one im using now. im pretty slammed with work and school for this weekend and next week so i doubt ill get bored lol.

ok guys i stole the video card out of the other computer till i get my new one and everything seems to work great. i installed windows without any problems, and installing it again because i just set up matrix raid. i had to change the ram from 1066 to 1600 just like everyone else had to.

now my only problem(not really even a problem) but when it POSTs i get an error for the cpu fan and it says press f1 to resume. i know its doing this because i have all my fans on a controller so i dont have the cpu fans plugged into the mobo. is there a way i can fix this so that i dont have to press f1 everytime i boot up?

yes it's in the bios... turn off cpu fan check.

cool thanks.

ill probably have alot more n00b bios quesitons since this is my first build and i have never really messed around in bios much. i want to overclock so ill probably have lots of questions about that as well

Back