• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MB problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yog

The main rig in my signature is giving me problems. I leave it on all the time because I fold. I'll come in and try to work on it and it won't wake up, so I turn it off and then back on and the fans spin up and then turn off. No beeps, no screen flickers, nothing. I've taken it out of the case and it does the same thing. If I wait a few days it will work again and then I put it back in the case and it works fine for a few weeks before it starts up again.

Last time I checked all the components and the CPU, RAM, PS, and VC all seem to check out fine on my other machine. Is there something wrong with my MB? Should I replace it, would that fix this problem? Should I replace it with the same MB, I've been thinking about going 680i, I might get another 9800gt in the future and use the SLI, but not sure. I don't overclock, I don't game all that much, I just want a machine that will be rock solid.

Thanks for your help.
yog

Back