• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new toy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

Giving the eVGA SLI LE a shot to see how far I can get with my 920. Unlike the P6T, you can't change the multiplier to 21x but enabling turbo seems to lock the 21x anyway. On the Asus board, leaving 20x and enabling Turbo it only kicks in at at load.

If I can see 4.3 with 21x always on, it's more than the P6T.

Giving the eVGA SLI LE a shot to see how far I can get with my 920. Unlike the P6T, you can't change the multiplier to 21x but enabling turbo seems to lock the 21x anyway. On the Asus board, leaving 20x and enabling Turbo it only kicks in at at load.

If I can see 4.3 with 21x always on, it's more than the P6T.

post up your bios settings when you get it....im interested to see what your 920 takes.

As I start to play with it, it has it's shortcomings compared to the P6T. It throttles occasionally on core one on full load with turbo. I've seen core 1 drop to 14x for a split second. It's worse if you run any other program at the same time that also monitor the CPU load or speeds, like Everest. When the P6T throttled, it was all cores continuously, so that is worse.

The Vdroop and Vdroop control is terrible. With V droop, 1.23 in the BIOS dropped to 1.16, which of course I know my CPU won't do at 4.0 and it didn't. You know it's going to crash in Linx when all of the cores show 100% and your temps are in the 40's. With it disabled, it jumps all the way to 1.28, which is really too much for 4.0. I've settled on 1.3 with V droop which settles at 1.27. Still too high for 4.0, but I'm 7 runs into Linx and the cores are 53-59.

I always update to the latest BIOS when I get a new board. There are complaints about double power cycles. Mine does it now too, especially if you turn the PSU off. Turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off, and then finally stay on. I don't like this for my pump.

The LE may not have two 16x slots, but there is no way to run in the 16x slots with watercooling on the P6T without full coverage blocks and then you get 16x and 4x which is about a 5% hit. At least with this board, you can do 16x and 8x.

Not too bad for the first day:

1101094315.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
As I start to play with it, it has it's shortcomings compared to the P6T. It throttles occasionally on core one on full load with turbo. I've seen core 1 drop to 14x for a split second. It's worse if you run any other program at the same time that also monitor the CPU load or speeds, like Everest. When the P6T throttled, it was all cores continuously, so that is worse.

The Vdroop and Vdroop control is terrible. With V droop, 1.23 in the BIOS dropped to 1.16, which of course I know my CPU won't do at 4.0 and it didn't. You know it's going to crash in Linx when all of the cores show 100% and your temps are in the 40's. With it disabled, it jumps all the way to 1.28, which is really too much for 4.0. I've settled on 1.3 with V droop which settles at 1.27. Still too high for 4.0, but I'm 7 runs into Linx and the cores are 53-59.

I always update to the latest BIOS when I get a new board. There are complaints about double power cycles. Mine does it now too, especially if you turn the PSU off. Turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off, and then finally stay on. I don't like this for my pump.

The LE may not have two 16x slots, but there is no way to run in the 16x slots with watercooling on the P6T without full coverage blocks and then you get 16x and 4x which is about a 5% hit. At least with this board, you can do 16x and 8x.

Not too bad for the first day:

1101094315.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

not bad man!
takes me 1.38vcore to get over 200 blck
what batch number do you have for your D0

Back