• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help on RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flameethrower

My computer ealrier today frozen and wouldnt show display anymore. So i turned off computer and had to take out the gpus. I tooks off the xfire bridges and then took off top card. Then took off bottom card. When i took off the bottom card the PCIe slot from mobo came with it and left the pins on the motherboard. Would this be covered under my warranty as its only a year old.

everything still works normal on the motherboard. even with the slot off it still booted up with one gpu and runs fine. im sending the motherboard tomorrow USPS priority. Im hoping they dont think its physical damage and the slot was stuck to the gpu.

its the mobo in my sig

Warranty is VOIDED for any physical damage that is customer induced. Includes but is not limited to:

* > Broken corners
* > Trace damage
* > Burns due to improperly installing other components
* > Bent pins on CPU socket
* > Serial number is not affixed to actual product

Thats on their site and none of that pertains what happened to my motherboard.

Im just hoping they see that it was a accident. It was like the gpu was Stuck in even when i lifted the release lever. Pins came off the mobo with the slot.

one more question. when i get the new mobo will i be fine just putting it back in and not reinstalling any drivers. Beings itll be same model just new. Just ill lose my OC profile

ASUS would not cover the repair and said it would cost 250+tax for new motherboard. I told them to send it back as it still works. I bought the P5E3 Deluxe Motherboard

Now what could i get as in price for the P5E3 Premium. The board was RMAd as the PCIe Slot on second gpu ripped off. First slot is there and works. Computer still ran with my OC and everything. They wanted 250 for a new one and 175 for refurb. So what would i be able to get. Just cant run Xfire on the Mobo unless you know how to re-pin the slot.

100_2931.jpg

Back