• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Cryo-Z - Consumer phase change unit - $349

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Max Stable Load: 120W

120 watts it not nearly enough for a heavily overclocked quad, so its sorta enthusiast but really is not . And considering typical OCZ quality i would avoid this .

120watts will not even hold a highly overclocked dual core i can build a phase for just a little more then that and it would hold alot more load then that

These have been around for quite awhile, just nobody was shipping them for whatever reason. Better to have someone build you a single stage for slightly higher cost with a much better heat load capacity.

I agree, didn't realize the wattage was so low.

There are quite a few threads on XS about it and some tests that show it can handle OK loads, if it were somewhere around $200-250 I'd be interested though, tuned to just below ambient for 24/7 :beer:

I'd love to pair one of these up with a 965 C3. 4 cores of 5+ GHz 24/7, thank you!! Hope they get cheaper, $250 is probably the price I'd consider it.

Stock core2duo draws something like 28-35 watts (the TDP is off in left field), OC the balls off it and you're still under 120.
Not so much with quads though.

I'd love to slap one on my e1200, at 2.6ghz 1.4vcore it draws 48 watts :p

it seems like a nice unit but there is a reason behind why OCZ is not shipping them... and i dont think is waht they say it is "afraid of shipping damage" ....

That's quite impressive, really.

Wonder if it can cope with a 4.2ghz i7 24/7.

That is beautiful. Some day... Maybe after the kid graduates college...in 21 years.

Back