• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

478 Socket P4 630HT Abit IS7 my dead beat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SamSaveMax

My old computer's never been overclocked due to that fact I didn't know how then. I haven't use it for almost 2 years but needed its casing a few months back then....it's time to fool around with it.

Abit IS7 mobo, 512MB Ram (256x2) OCZ PC3200
WD 120GB
Cooler Master AERO
ATI AGP 8x Radeon 9200SE 128MB (sucks, couldn't run Win7)

This cooler is so loud at its max around 3500rpm. And so the NB fan constantly spins above 5000rpm.

I don't want to pour any money into it. But, I'm sure it would runs great with 2GB of rams and a better graphic card if to runs Windows 7.

Since everything bolted onto a piece of plexiglass including the HDD, I would probably hang it up on the wall as an art....without the psu. :beer:

invb43.jpg

2ngbvk7.jpg

rw6irl.jpg

168blop.jpg

The IS7 is a good overclocker from what I remember. You should be able to use the next higher FSB:RAM divider, which should get your RAM frequency up to about 175MHz from its current 156MHz. You might want to get more airflow over your RAM, area between the RAM & CPU heatsink, and over the row of capacitors (and MOSFETs) on the other side of the CPU heatsink. Overclocked Prescotts are really hard on the CPU power circuits of the 865 chipset.

I just put together my old Abit AI7 (love that mobo), 3.4 Prescott, 2x512MB OCZ PC3200 and a Geforce FX5600 for some s478 fun.
th_DSC01089.jpg

Last edited:
Back