• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power bill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

hmm what is the power bill for one 400 watt and one 300 watt runing for hours at end?? anyone know how much it would cost if anything??

EDIT: ahh lets make this fun too.. what ur power bill this month :D

If they were both running at full tilt, which I highly doubt, the two combined would use seven tenths of a kilowatt hour each hour.

Electricity where I am costs about $.05 a kilowatt hour so 30 days running 24 hours a day would be:

.7 kwh * $.05 * 24hrs * 30 days = $25.20

If the two combined were only using 500 watts a more reasonable assumption(maybe even less) it would be:

.5 kwh * $.05 * 24 * 30 = $18

Thats why I don't run 24/7, although if you take into account the offset in heating bills its probably not all that bad in the winter.

Mike

I have two hooked up, one exclusively for the mobo and drives, the other for fans and the external watercooling setup I use, but neither one is even close to maxing out.
I can tell you that folding 24/7 on 9 boxes through the summer seemed to add about $50-$75 per month to my bill, not counting the need to aircondition the room to keep the boxes running.

I've got 6 rigs running 24/7- but only 3 have decent psus (300w) The others have old 150 to 240 watt units. Power bill only seems to be about $10 or $15 more a month. Only having minimal components and no monitors may help of course:cool:

hmm well thats not to much..

ok now that my question is out of the way..

what was ur biggest power bill??

Back when my grandmother was alive I used to get some in the area of $150-$175 in the winter: tv on all day, electric heat in this one room. $90 or a $100 is more normal in the winter.

Back