• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you think of this build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

b3tn01hasd1s

Registered
Hey guys I am new here and a friend of mine told me this was a great place. I was wondering what you guys think of this build.

Case-X-CRUISER-BK
mobo-ga-ex58-extreme
cpu-17 920
memory-CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C9
hdd-still not decided
graphics-still not decided
heatsink-thermalright ultra 120 extreme
psu- OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC

That is what im thinking about. I have a few questions about some stuff. What exactly is a solid state drive and if I were to get a 1tb hdd and it had sata, how would I install it, I am confused about the raid and all that stuff. Also what kind of graphics card should I get I might do sli the graphics card i have only about $300 to spend.

Thanks

SSD is the new thing and are MUCH faster than any single regular drive. Worth it if you have the money.

I dont believe you will be able to raid an SSD and your 1TB drive.

What resolution do you play games at? You likely could get away with just one GPU like HD5850/5870.

how much are ssd. My other questions was how would I install a 1tb sata hard drive.

Good 60GB-80GB SSDs are around $240-$290.

To install a HDD you just connect the power to it from your PSU and connect a SATA cable between your HDD and motherboard. You can format it within Windows.

Last edited:
Back