• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does Red Warning Screen (BIOS mean?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beginneroc

Registered
Hello again Folks. I am getting red screen warning in BIOS Tweaker (Award F6) saying this system has been overclocked or has a power problem.
When I raise the the FSB I get a number of short repeating beeps (power Problem warning beeps apparently) and sys reboot. On third automatic reboot the system will power up at FSB overclock of 300 (native 266).
What does it mean. What can be done as I really have no idea why it shows. It is only evident with an overclock. :)

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, the red screen has something to do with a piece of your hardware not passing the check at POST. It could (and in some cases is fairly likely) be a failed overclock. Sometimes when it reverts itself back to stock settings because of that, one of your voltages might have gotten out of whack, which is causing the power issue that is making the board beep. The last time I had the power failure beep, it was because the board was trying to run my Dominator memory at 1.8v instead of the 2.1v it needed for the speed and timings I had it set at.

Hope this helps. :beer::D

Try checking out one of the OC guides on the site. :)

They all have one common theme. They teach you how to overclock one component at a time to get the best idea of what is overclocking easily and what is not.

Curious though, you have 319x11 in your sig, but 300 cause the PC to crash?

here is a sticky full of information

Thanks. I will run through the voltages for errors and reset any.
When it first happened I reset the BIOS to default and it booted with last known good setting with 8x multiplier. Thankfully it boots up at native 11x ok but overclock FSB starts beeps.

Try checking out one of the OC guides on the site. :)

They all have one common theme. They teach you how to overclock one component at a time to get the best idea of what is overclocking easily and what is not.

Curious though, you have 319x11 in your sig, but 300 cause the PC to crash?

here is a sticky full of information

My overclocking to 319 was done close to recommended by stickies. That is why it find it hard to understand. It does appear to be a failed overclock so I hope it can be rectified otherwise no more O/C. :eek:
Edit: It is hot here so was running at native and upped it to 300 rather than higher 319 temps. It was totally unexpected.

Last edited:
Looks like VDroop or low voltages or something. Running at 1.28v. 300x11 and all seems ok so will need to establish new low volts. Adjusted sig 1.20....>1.28v. Thanks for help. :burn:

Last edited:
Back