• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird problems P5B dlx wi-fi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trap

Greetings fellas
I have weird problem with my setup lately.
When I boot to windows, both XP or WIN 7 i have strange sound crackle, lag, resulting high CPU usage.
But, it only happens after I reboot or power on after one, single lag free boot which is made after 1st BIOS settings and cmos clear.
Every other boot is horrible, sound pops, crackles and affects CPU load.
It works only once after BIOS settings reset/set.

First i suspected on my sound-card since it's creative x-fi, but i eliminated that part in my observation beacuse there is one problem free boot.
After intensive testings I came to a thought that it could be my motherboard, since it boots normally without problems after cmos clear and seettings are reset manually..
It happens no matter if i boot couple of times with hardware overclocked or stock settings...

I can't test one component by one because it would be pointless to buy each one separately and see which one is problematic.

But i would do that if i only knew which one is it, damn ...
I really hate this kind of problems, weird one, which are hard to detect without system of elimination, piece by piece...

I'm a bit short with my budget atm, and that actually holds me back from solving it the easy way...

Do you have any ideas or input to get me on th right way, what could it be??
I think i tried the most but still...more heads, more brains hehehe

E8400
P5B dlx wi-fi 1238 latest avalaible bios,
2x2gb corsair dominator
x-fi extreme audio
2x 320gb baracuda sata
tagan 600W
9800gtx+ nvidia

dual boot xp-w7

Now I am not sure about booting after cmos reset because i just restarted and it appears normal...so that just confirms my agony about every-now and then problem.
It happens more often than a normal boot that is what I can say with sure.
Damn it.
I wish i had some money atm to buy a new motherboard.
I am not sure if it could be something else, like a faulty CPU, or RAM???
CPU and RAM are not more than 2 months old..everything seemed fine since couple of weeks ago when i noticed those problems...
Which part of hardware could act like this and cause similar problems?
I also eliminated driver problems because it happens same way in XP...oh maaaan

I have this same problem. It is quite bizarre. I have tried updating the drivers on my mobo. I am considering flashing the bios next. Mine is on a P5B. I had a power outage the other day, and since then it has been crackling. Before this point, however, I was having severe issues booting in which I would have to reset like the user posted above. I've never had an issue like this in my life. The sound crackles and causes high CPU usage rates.

Back