• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toshiba bios unlocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Siggs

Hi there everyone,

I've been scouring the internet to see if there is a solution to my overclocking problem.

I have a Toshiba A300D 16c laptop, bought about a year ago, it's performance has always been a bit less than satisfactory. So I finally got around to tweaking it. But unfortunately the clock speeds for the RM-70 CPU are locked in the bios, and so no clocking takes effect.

I was wondering if any kind of unlocked bios exsisted for this laptop/cpu. I have checked out all the other factors of overclocking, and have done it before, so this is the only problem :(

Any help would be greatly appretiated,

Siggs

I was wondering if any kind of unlocked bios exsisted for this laptop/cpu.
While there are some people writing custom BIOSs, they are usually for high end overclocking motherboards using dice/LN2/Phase cooling used solely for benchmarking.

Who would spend the time writing a BIOS for a Toshiba laptop?

That being said, you could try some of the overclocking programs that run under Windows.
CPUFSB
CPUCool
ClockGen
MemSet
And for Video cards, PowerStrip

All that's going to happen though is that your laptop will overheat.

Depending on who you purchased the laptop from, they may be able to direct you to a bios that could help... though doubtful with a toshiba :)

While there are some people writing custom BIOSs, they are usually for high end overclocking motherboards using dice/LN2/Phase cooling used solely for benchmarking.

Who would spend the time writing a BIOS for a Toshiba laptop?

That being said, you could try some of the overclocking programs that run under Windows.
CPUFSB
CPUCool
ClockGen
MemSet
And for Video cards, PowerStrip

Thanks for the advice, I was using CPU-Z in tandem with ClockGen for the overclocking, the clocks in CPU-Z stayed solid. So I don't think a different program will make any difference.

All that's going to happen though is that your laptop will overheat.

I doubt it. I stress tested it with Prime95, but also...

...something I'm a bit more embarrased to admit. It had an overheating problem over summer, a dying fan to be precise, and I didn't report it to Toshiba for a while, while at the same time using it constantly, daily :-/ yeah, i know, stupid. Anyway, luckily for me, it would appear to be a very, VERY sturdy laptop, as it was stable at extreme temps for months, and seems to be unharmed:

^Of course, I would never clock it to run this temperature! :screwy:

Depending on who you purchased the laptop from, they may be able to direct you to a bios that could help... though doubtful with a toshiba :)

A Currys store in the UK. No joy there, I would think :p

*bump*, and apologies for the double post.

No other ideas? Admittedly, I must agree with Bill, a re-written bios is unlikely :(

Back