• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what motherboard for W3540?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radi4fun

I just bought a W3540 :santa2: and i was wondering what motherboard will this Xeon cpu will work with? will all LGA 1366 MB support the Xeon cpu's? Thinking about taking this cpu to maybe 4.2-4.3ghz on air, maybe more if i can. about to place an order for the Magahalems or TRUE. i was thinking of the Evga E758-A1 for it, but i'm not sure if that huge Magahalems or TRUE in push/pull will have enough space because of that tall heatsink right next to the rear ports.

I was thinking of spending around $200 for a MB. i think i can grab an open box E758-A1 for around 200 bucks for just board only. nothing else. I was also thinking of the ASUS Rampage II Gen, its around the same price tag, but new. I had ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, and it sucked....just trying to find another MB for this chip. I am open to any Manufacture. I don't care what it looks like, it can be lime green to all black. just need a nice MB that can unleash the full potential of the W3540 for around $200. used or new. can you guys suggest me a nice MB with high BLCK or something?

I'm running one with my Rampage2Xtreme.
But your budget is 200bux. Maybe pick a mb and research their bios selection for compatibility.

Back