• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Classified with Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rataboo90

Registered
Im getting the EVGA Classified 760 VERY SOON, but had a question. I read over an SLI article concerning 3 way SLI boards.

3-Way SLI
Nvidia has revealed a triple SLI setup for the nForce 700 series motherboards, which only works on Windows Vista. The setup can be achieved using three high-end video cards with two MIO ports and a specially wired connector (or three flexible connectors used in a specific arrangement).[3][4] The technology was officially announced in December 2007, shortly after the revised G92-based 8800GTS made its way out of the factory. In practical terms, it delivers up to a 2.8x performance increase over a single GPU system.[5]

Unlike traditional SLI, or CrossFire X, 3-way SLI is limited to the GeForce 8800 GTX, 8800 Ultra, 9800 GTX and June 2008 introduced the GTX 260 and GTX 280, and later the 9800GTX+ graphics cards on the 680i, 780i and 790i chipsets, whereas CrossFire X can be theoretically used on multiple Radeon HD 2400 cards.
So what is this telling me??? That I can't use windows 7 with this board???

I couldnt give you a 100% answer but what I can say is that i havnt heard any1 complain about windows 7 and Xfire or SLI. Plus what your reading is info taken from early 2008.

Windows 7 is a improved version of vista, almost eveything that ran on vista will run on 7 with no issue (hardware wise). But if you still want a definite answer, don't take my word for it.

hmm, that'd be up to the drivers.
if there are nVidia drivers for windows 7 which allow Tri-SLi (which i'm sure there are) you'll be fine.
EDIT: just after some googling, it seems to work but it's quite dodgy.
For me Windows 7 and TRISLI did not work very good.Also only one driver worked for me 181.20.Took 6 tries hitting the sli button in the control panel,before it turned on TRISLI.

Back