• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which P55 Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raul-7

Registered
I have narrowed it down to 4 choices for my next (first) build.

1. ASUS P7P55D PRO
2. GIGABYTE P55-UD4P
3. EVGA P55 SLI
3. GIGABYTE P55A-UD4P

I like last two for the LOTES socket, major plus for long-term stability. EVGA is pricey and not sure if it's better than the Gigabyte. The P55A has the flaw with the USB 3 and SATA III affecting the PCI 2.0 Express x16 slot (not major, but not ideal).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

The Asus board has shown good results but so has the UD4P
I like the looks of the EVGA and wish I had the chance to play with it

Out of the 4 choices I would grab the EVGA

-Urgh-

Yes, buy the P55A JUST for the Loates socket, it's not like they don't explode.

Oh wait, they do too, when you pump massive voltages through them, just like Foxconn ones!

In any case, get the P55A. USB3 and SATA 6g/b with no difference in Single GPU performance (or 5% loss for xFire).

I note that the ASUS MB's put PCIE #1 in the first slot, not the second. They do this to give more cooling room between PCIE video boards.

My concern: I am using a mATX MB that has the PCIE #1 in the first slot. There is just enough room for a 92mm cooler over the CPU. There is no room for a 120mm CPU cooler.

The question: will a Megahalem or a Noctua NH-D14 fit on an ASUS MB with the first PCIE slot inhabited?

LOL. After much deliberation, I've finally decided on the MSI GD80. How'd I do?

You're gonna love that mobo. I have the MSI GD80 in my rig and love it!

There's a few of us using them from this forum. Any questions be sure to ask!

I need to ask you guys, did your MB come with a LOTES socket. If so where and when did you purchase it?

Just so you know, LOTES sockets ALSO explode when you apply high voltages, ya know, just like every other CPU!

I need to ask you guys, did your MB come with a LOTES socket. If so where and when did you purchase it?

My has Lotes sockets. I bought it at Newegg. Picked it up as a combo deal @ the egg in Sept. Not a single issue with it either.

The GD80 mobo is rated 2nd @ the egg. So I guess it works!

I think mine had a foxconn but I didn't pay much attention to it when I popped the processor in.

Back