• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P vs. Asus P7P55D PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steven-1979

Is there any noticeable difference in OC performance between these two? I see they're the same price. Absolutely love my EP45-UD3P so was leaning towards the Gigabyte. Both support SLI and Crossfire. The P7P55D PRO does come with an eSATA bracket though. I don't fully understand things like power phases etc so I figured I'd post a question here incase one is actually better for OC'ing than the other. thnx

For the P55 chipset, Gigabyte are miles ahead of ASUS.

ASUS actually went on record saying they do not condone overclocking (which is funny considering the BIOS options).

lol if ASUS said that and Gigabyte didn't (which I assume since they actually sponsor some OC contests), I might go with gigabyte just on principle of the whole thing.

lol if ASUS said that and Gigabyte didn't (which I assume since they actually sponsor some OC contests), I might go with gigabyte just on principle of the whole thing.

Yup, ASUS actually said that. Can't find the link atm tho. Someone else should be able to fill you in :thup:

That's funny if ASUS actually said that. Even though they don't 'condone' it, I doubt many ASUS users will stop. Perhaps unless ASUS says they won't honor their warranty for those who overclock. Then we have a problem.

To the OP, either of those motherboards is fine. They're both quite good.

Back