• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA P55 Bios Post Codes Overclokcing Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEternal1

Registered
trying to find the bios post codes that are not included in the manual. ive contacted evga, and attempted to contact the developers, without luck. i need to know what these arcane numbers mean, that evga wont tell me, so that i can know where i need to change settings for overclocking. i'm currently running my i5 @3.9 on stock air, but i think i can go higher, if i could only decipher those codes to know what setting isnt happy.
thank you to all who read this, and even more thanx to those who post responses

Also have a look at your manual. All POST codes are located in the back IIRC. Being on stock cooling scares me though. What voltage are you using and what temperatures are you seeing?

thanx all for your replies.my temp is at 52 idle, 64 gaming. 1.4 vcore, 1.68 dimm
the codes are defintalye not listed in the manul, as i stated in my original post. the most common fail code is 6f, and there are other less frequent codes, which is why im tring to get ALL the codes, so that any errors i may get, i can resolve. i am hoping to go cryo cool soon, and i want these codes beforehand, in case i run into prollems that are directly related to that, because nothing in the manual says anything about them, again, thanx for your replies.

Honestly, the codes won't help very much. They are more for troubleshooting dead parts, if that's a problem. If you have an overclock that's freezing at boot, it's because you're not stable. Either clear CMOS and tweak some voltages / settings or reduce the overclock. Stock cooling at that Vcore will get really, really, really hot; probably to throttling. It's obvious you probably aren't able to stress test your overclock. If the system is locking up at boot when you're overclocking, it's because you're not stable enough to POST.

Also, reduce your Vdimm. The only hard rule for 24/7 clocks is to keep that below 1.65v. You can toy with other voltages, but I'd steer clear of running the IMC out of spec.

Last edited:
Put a decent CPU cooler on that rig before OC any more. The intel stock cooler is meant to just handle running at stock settings.

thanx all again...its just kinda hard to know what setting to adjust..but, oh well. i can prime 95 my current specs for 8 hours, and temp stays below 70 c. on idle, im at 42 ish.. i just got that heat prollem fixed, still stock intel

Back