• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte ep45 max bus on a quad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boorishid

Just wondering what the max bus speed you guys have hit stable using an ep45, just set up an extreme cpu water cooling loop trying to break 4ghz stable. Also i have a thermalright nb cooler laying around from my old striker anyone know if itll fit this bored? Not sure how much is to much voltage for this mch, and there doesn't seem to be any kind of built on mch temp monitor

It varies so much from hardware to hardware, you can't really predict it. I hit a max of 450 FSB with my QX9650 (under dry ice) on an Asus P5Q-Pro. On the exact same board, I pushed a e3110 to 600fsb. You might have one that does better or worse, don't know until you try.

EDIT: No, I'm not stalking you.

Well i set my multiplier down to 6, and have been bringing the bus speed up slowly and doing 5 runs of linpack intel burn in max stress, right now im at 450mhz and haven't had to raise the mch voltage past 1.1v. Just wondering with the stock mobo cooling what is the max mch voltage i should push. Ive got one of those thermalright towers heatsinks wich fit an 80mm fan, Just wondering what the best aftermarket active air solutions are for this bored also.

Honestly i bought this bored never pushed the fsb to far and set a 10 multiplier lol, im tryin to be a lil more crafty and shoot for the highest bus possible this time, just dont know the max voltage for the mch or what the high tempature is for the mch, or even how to monitor the mch temp without probes.

Back