• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA E762 classified

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icebob

Max validation on air so far with a xeon w3580

cpuz4970.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh and yeah it was STABLE! enough to take the screen shot!!!!!!

EVGA762 4-way overclock settings

Hi, i'm totally new to this and Just purchased a i7 980x, evga 762 4-way, and a Corsair h50(I know but it will have to do for now:) ) I'm going to put on Tuniq-tx2 and take of the thermal paste that comes with the H50(this is a good idea right?), I don't have everything I ordered yet but i should have it all by next week, Can someone tell me how to overclock on this mobo/processor for 4.2ghz, the exact settings would help tons, i'm still learning, I know that I want the V-core to be as low as possible right? I noticed on you-tube trubitar got his i7 980x to 4.2ghz on the corsair with a trieberk fan with some really low temps.

thanks for any help
-Neomis

@ Neomis,

Welcome.

Thats a very easy OC for most 980x's

Leave most things on auto other than,
vcore 1.4v (will be 1.38 in windows)
bclocks 145
multi 29

Done!

After that play around with bclocks, vcore and multi to get the combo You like.

If you need more help with other settings do not reply in this thread, please start your own.

@ Bob,

Nice one mate.
What PSU are you using ? TPQ1200 ?

@ Neomis,

Welcome.

Thats a very easy OC for most 980x's

Leave most things on auto other than,
vcore 1.4v (will be 1.38 in windows)
bclocks 145
multi 29

Done!

After that play around with bclocks, vcore and multi to get the combo You like.

If you need more help with other settings do not reply in this thread, please start your own.

@ Bob,

Nice one mate.
What PSU are you using ? TPQ1200 ?

Silverstone strider 1500w! FTW!

Back