• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Gigabyte LGA1156 support Dynamic VCore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smilingcrow

I’m looking to over-clock but nothing major as I want to keep power consumption down to run a very quiet system. Therefore I’m interested in the Dynamic Vcore that some Gigbayte BIOS’s support. Do all the GB boards support this feature now or only the more expensive ones? I don’t need the features of the more expensive boards so I’m looking at the GA-P55-US3L.

The other alternative is an Asus P7P55D as that seems to support VCore offset which is the same feature under a different name.
But according to notes for recent Asus P55 BIOSs they are disabling EIST & C1E even for mild over-clocks. The note below was for the P7P55D Deluxe but appeared also for two other P55 boards that I looked at:

‘Disable EIST and CIE functions if BCLK is higher than 150MHz’ - Version 0711, 2009/09/30.

With EIST & C1E disabled with BCLK over 150 I wonder if the VCore offset will still work. Anyone had experience of this?

I’ll be using an i5-750 with Turbo Boost enabled as I’ll be limited to about 3.3 to 3.5 GHz with 4 cores loaded due to cooling constraints (noise) so I want to be able to hit about 3.8 to 4GHz with 1 or 2 cores loaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you're referring to Gigabyte's DES (Dynamic Energy Saver) boards, and that you meant LGA1156 since you referred to boards w/ the P55 chipset? Here's a listing of all the Gigabyte P55 chipset - based boards that support DES...
Yeah, 1156 not 1136 as I put in the title.:salute:
I think they all support DES but dynamic VCore is a different feature.
I'm considering the GA-P55-UD3R as that definitely supports it as well as allowing the saving of BIOS profiles which the cheaper board may not.
Xbitlabs have a review of the GA-P55-UD3R which gives info on dynamic VCore.

Back