• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 GETTING REAY TO TURN & BURN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TURN & BURN

OK here we go from the start!!! a few picks as I begin a new thread on this board from start to finish.

Specs as follows:
X58A-UD7
W3570
2X Diamond 5870 X-Fire
2X128 SSD Raid 0
GSkill Perfect Storm DDR31700/2133
1000 Corsair HX
DVD/BR/RW
Cooler Express Chiller
and a bunch of fans here & there
waiting on H2O for NB w Hybird Silent-Pipe Module massave cooler like a small vide card not installed yet but will be up running late tonight!!!! and now the picks......

Edited see links below

enough teasing for now hope to be up running late tonight

LOL
T&B

Last edited:
heyyyy, now this looks like Front Page motherboard review material... T&B, you up for the challenege of writing a front page worthy review on that motherboard???? :)

Also what are Diamond 5670's?

OK first run-down

Specs as follows:
X58A-UD7
W3570
2X Diamond HD 5870 X-Fire
2X128 SSD Raid 0 set up on Gsata/6GB @5GB
GSkill Perfect Storm DDR31700/2133
1000 Corsair HX
DVD/BR/RW
Cooler Express Chiller

http://www.4shared.com/file/164468885/967b29a1/First_run_stock_06_Marks.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/164468899/86d654cb/Run_2_3750_128_Vcore_06_Marks.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/164468916/df72a965/Run_3_4200_06_Marks.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/164468933/9d2e3f68/Run_4_4600_32159_06_Marks.html

So far the board is very easy to work the Gsata 6GB is a nice feature without saying will get more play time in tomorrow just getting a feel for the board right now has a interesting VDroop feature with 3 settings.

More to come stay tuned !!!!!! next crank up the volts see how high we can go and run 06 Marks, then its Linx Time.............Note one run memory @ 2220 Zoommmmmmmmm

T&B

Last edited:
Watch those temps...more voltage, and you might overload that single stage :eek:

That's pretty strong 4/8 clocks for a SS. Either that, or mine is now just so weak I have no frame of reference.

Waiting (im)patiently for my UD7, but it will still probably be a week or two or three before I see it :(

First and most important question T&B, can you set >105 PCIe and boot? :D I'm not doing that mod again :p

You got it ROSS will be working the settings today!! Funny thing last nt I went to the Multi and it gave me 12-24 this is a unlocked chip i put in 28 for the hell of it and the board freaked next thing I know it would change the multi every boot now showing 12-31 and i cant change the Mulit its locked at whatever each boot 26/28/31 sounds like we need a BIOS update fast on this one!!! I expected some issues but as you can see from my runs so far nothing bad at all..... will rest defaults today and start from scratch. But so far this board is a beauty.

I will do a full review once I have had sometime to play and keep this post alive updating it at least once a day.

4 nice features are

1. The Gsata 6GB
2. The VDroop 3 settings interesting flare
3. Loads of Sata ports onboard
4. NB heatsink HUGE at 46c and I dont have the water to it yet!!!

Another minor issue theres no CPU SUPPORT list for the board so it can be that my Xeon is not reading true which will account for the Multi issue as long as i keep it @ X24 for now no issues and a breeze going 4.8. Also the memory you couldent ask for more as i had it running 2220Mhz check screener of 4.6 run I think without breaking a sweat!!.

I will keep shooting as much info as it comes along and maybe at the end post a new thread on all my findings.

OK a few more mins sleep then back to the (drawing) Motherboard.

will contact Gigabyte and a few friends to see whats up on getting some Beta bios for testing asap, Thank the Motherboad God I still have connections in the right places>>>>>>>>

PS: If they like to just Sticky this I will be feeding loads of info all the time!!!!!

LOL
T&B

We'll definitely be curious on the PCIe since it's been fixed on the P55 boards, so whenever you get around to checking it, that will be appreciated. Also, does that BIOS have the Dynamic VID option in the voltage section? I am guessing maybe the Level 3 LLC is producing something similar.

I have the same issue with multis over 24x on another not quite retail unlocked proc on the X58-UD4P. When the multi is >23x and Turbo is enabled, the multi will go up 1x every time you save BIOS without doing anything with the multi manually. What's more is, that boot, reboot +1x, reboot +1x, etc. seems to be the only way to get it over 24x (ie. can't set it for what you want using +/- or typing it in).

If you don't save BIOS, it will stay steady at whatever the current multi is on any normal reboot. The high multi thing makes it a bit tricky when learning a new setup because there are so many BIOS save initially, but at least you're not just stuck at 24x max on an unlocked proc. I'm sure it's just a glitch that will be sorted out in due course, but annoying for the time being nonetheless.

Your proc is probably on the supported list (microcode), otherwise it wouldn't even POST :)

Looking forward to more results...

has to be a bios issue update CPU code for Xeons also there is no support list as I have found yet even on Gigs site they dont list anything just say supports i7 haha kinda vag and i have put cpus on boards that dident have them listed and ran fine!! I had this same chipper on a UD5 and it had a Multi from 12-50 and i had no issues setting it to any one. as far as the PCI-e goes at 105 right now no issues booting ect.

dident see the dynamic Vid in the volts but this VDroop is interesting with Standard/Level 1/ Level 2

This chip is a goodie just figuring out the board and keep in mind this is a first release BIOS!!!! always issues on them he-he gotta get some betas to play with putting out the word today to a few ppl i know if there r any they wil get them for me.

OH YEAH the water for the NB will be here Monday dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm there goes the weekend!!!! BUT IM PICKING UP A I7 920 AS I SOLD ALL MINE HOPE TO BE A GOODIE JUST TO SEE WHAT IT WILL DO ON THIS BOARD oops caps locked big fingers on a lapper hehe while i await me ES Gulftown and bios updates>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL
and the games a foot!!!!!!!!!!

T&B

Last edited:
OK ROSS ready PCIe 108 no issues!!!!!

No problem BAOCAO what these places r 4

T&B
That's good news, now we need to see what BCLK it will get to ;) I can't get above 237.5 on the UD4P. I'm doubting the X58A will make any diff, but one can always hope. IOH WC probably won't do anything for OCing, but cooler is always better.

Gulftown (w/HT) on good air/WC should come close to or match your Xeon SS clocks for benches (>5GHz on SS), but you won't be able run nearly as much Uncore.

That's good news, now we need to see what BCLK it will get to ;) I can't get above 237.5 on the UD4P. I'm doubting the X58A will make any diff, but one can always hope. IOH WC probably won't do anything for OCing, but cooler is always better.

Gulftown (w/HT) on good air/WC should come close to or match your Xeon SS clocks for benches (>5GHz on SS), but you won't be able run nearly as much Uncore.

Yeah cooler is better for sure!!!! but will get a good feel for this board.... my cascade went south a few weeks ago so im stuck with my standby and thats not saying much!!! but better than nothing. Need the chill factor again feel like in slooooooooooooow motion. Anyone have a cascade there looking to slide off to me????? or I could always go Dice..........anyway trying these beta bios now really needs a good bios.

Be Back

T&B

OK tried both beta bios zippo help the F3a gives me a Multi of 12-64 but if you imput anything above 24 it just drops in X64 hahahahahaha but there getting closer!!!! need the multi as i know this chip loves X28 to crank it up. so for now im guessing ill just set it up for all benching at a respectable speed until they get a good bios. Ross 105 a breezer for the Pcie which is nice to know and went 108 stable as well. So far it seems im stuck around 4.9 or so without the Multi.

Time off for a bit till tonight then back to the grind :)

next batter up Linx or Prime ill flip a coin.

T&B

1.328v for 4800MHz benchable, then 1.517 for 4950? You need to get that chip under dice or LN2 man :D

Yes it is a great chip for LN2/ Dice but the issue im having now is with these bios :shrug: as you can see and trust me the chip wants to be at X30 or higher with lower BLCK and i can get my memory up to par as well the Vcore i just jumped and dident lower it down as i sold that board and pulled the chip out, I still have another Evga 141-759 A1 but selling it as well.

I sent this limk to Gigabyte as i was looking to do a review the begining of next well after I have run all benching.

I'm picking up a i7 920 for fun hope a good one to run as well on this board I guess i will just find a good clock and run Linx / Super PI / Prime / and maybe 03 marks for fun he-he.

Hope they come out with a fix for the multiplier soon though as it is semi usless for unlocked chips at this point unless it is the board?? I do have another board in on Monday and will set it up as well to see if its just a glitch in the board as i know the chip is perfect!!!!

OK finding a happy clock for now to do some benching>>>>>>>>>

Be back

I will take picks of the bios screens as well and post them.

T&B

If you have a Classified E759, I would definitely pop that W3570 in there and play with it until your new board arrives on Monday ;)

Back