• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maceox

Registered
I have a new build going have everthing connected, but when I poer it up I get a blue light on the mobo. When I hit the power button, I get a yellow light, but nothing powers up. My mobo is a EVGA X58 3 way Sli. Any help would be a big kindness.

I would check all the plugs and video card or cards there seated right and the memory as well or try using 1 stick of memory last resort pull the cpu and reseat it make sure there no crushed pins.Also the connections to the motherboard from the case make sure there right. I take it the system never started from scratch???so you dont have any code from the board as well?

You can try disconnecting all power to Mobo and remove the Cmos bat. reste the Cmos as well wait for a bit reconnect and give it a shot.

T&B

Last edited:
you may want to test your PS also easy to do pull the 24 pin connection off in the 2 rows you will find a green lead and oppsite row like 3 black leads just use a wire or paper clip and stick it in the GREEN wire hole then the other end into any of the BLACK wire holes and turn on the switch see if the fan starts spinning!!!!

Make sure you unplug all the connections to the system first.

T&B

Back