• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte X58-UD7 up in heeya..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spyd3r

Minasan,

I just sprung for the UD7 board because I've been checking the forums for the past few days/1 week for results of this board but have trouble finding any information so why not try to see what the board can do in real life. :clap:

I'm going to set it up now and post some results when I get the chance to.

i7 920 D0
TRUE120 Extreme Black
Intel 80gb SSD

ya'll goin' make me go all out....up in heeya....up in heeya!

Anyway, that is a solid board and we are looking forward to the results.

Hey guys,

I've got it set up and it's all looking like it's running fine and dandy. Today is the last day of classes for probably the rest of my life so I'll be out celebrating tonight probably. The system feels plenty fast compared to my A64. :p

I'll keep ya'll posted.

An aside: I had it up to 180mhz blck but the system may not have been stable or rather wasn't stable I think. Does the QPI need to be adjusted or something? I'll look it up later but I think there's a certain ratio that shouldn't be exceeded from what I've read.

The TRUE120 has a Scythe 113 cfm fan on it (a single one). It appears that I can't use a 38mm fan on the other side because it hits the memory heatsinks so I'll see when I can possibly purchase another one if needed (the Scythe at 113 cfm is plenty it seems though with 63C max under the blend test (only test I ran in Prime95 - I need to find out what good loading and stress testing applications are for the 4 cores also) at around 1.3V).

Last edited:
what is the advantage of a ud7 over a ex58-extreme...besides the sata&usb?

I think there's a hard pci-e mod so that you can adjust the pci frequency or something like that..

I haven't been able to boot up with BCLK of 220. I'm on BCLK 219 right now. Going to stress test it now.

Earlier on I was at 4.08ghz but the system hung when stressed.

Update: I'm down to 212 BCLK now at vcore 1.280v. DRAM 1.65V. CPU at 4.035ghz.
Maxing at 73C on Prime95 max fft test.

Is there some other program that ensures all 4 cores are being tested to the max?
Any recommendations to how much vcore should be used and other settings?

Last edited:
Use LINX to stress test for short term( < 1hour). Prime95 blend long term (8 hours).

What Ive experienced is alot of times when the computer hangs/restarts on its own during a stress test, the QPI might need to be up'ed. Cores will fail alot of times when the QPI is enough but you are short on cpu voltage, but it wont restart/hang.

Id up the QPI a bit if you think your vcore is enough (which it should be at your clocks). QPI can play a HUGE part in stability. This is a totally different beast compared to the old FSB style systems.

Thanks for that reply.

This is really a totally different beast. Definitely tougher to play around with as I'm having a harder time getting stable clocks, lots more variables.

I'm now just testing at 200mhz x 20 = 4.0ghz.

Memory is sitting at 1600mhz 6-7-6-20 1T.

It'd be great if I could get it stable at 4.2ghz though. I wonder what's holding me back. My vcore is at 1.3v now. QPI is up at around 1.34v. 212bclk may be my highest I can go which isn't that great. I still having updated my bios. I'm using F2, the one that came with the board. I know there's an F3c out I think. 212 bclk is tough to use for me due to needing to play around with timings for the memory...

Anyways, I may just pack it in for the day and start studying and try playing around with it again tomorrow.

210x20 will get you that 4.2ghz. QPI shouldnt need 1.34v though, even at 210 bclk.

Id try lowering it to maybe 1.25-1.275, up your PCI-e clock to 102/103 (just a little can go a long way, atleast it helped me a bit). 1.3v vcore is that bios or CPUz? Im assuming bios, which puts you around 1.27v in windows?? If so, thats what you might need for 4ghz. You may need about 1.3-1.325 for 4.2ghz in windows (or slightly more due to higher bclk).

210x20 will get you that 4.2ghz. QPI shouldnt need 1.34v though, even at 210 bclk.

Id try lowering it to maybe 1.25-1.275, up your PCI-e clock to 102/103 (just a little can go a long way, atleast it helped me a bit). 1.3v vcore is that bios or CPUz? Im assuming bios, which puts you around 1.27v in windows?? If so, thats what you might need for 4ghz. You may need about 1.3-1.325 for 4.2ghz in windows (or slightly more due to higher bclk).

Okay thanks. I'll try those values a little later and keep this thread updated.

Edit:

To those viewing this thread and unsure of the continuation, Turn & Burn and I decided to join forces in one thread:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=626635

Last edited:
Back