• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

immediate ff post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maceox

Registered
Getting power, but the post code goes directly to ff. I tried resitting the cpu and checked all power cables. X58 Mother board says a grren led for memory is supposed to go on. I have yet to see it go on. I get a blue LED to alert me to standby, a yellow led when the system is powered. But I do not get the DIMM LED (Green) when memory slot is functional. If I have bad memory would I get the ff code? I am running ddr 3 triple channel. How can I test if the memory is actually good? Any and all help would be appreciated. BYW my memory is Corsair xms3 DDR3 3X2GB 1600

Here are my specs.

EVGA X58 SLI
260 GTX
Corsair xms3 DDR3 3X2GB 1600
WD 500 HD
Blu Ray
OCZ 700 Power.
Intel i7 920 CPU

I did not realize there was an edit button, or I would have done so. I have already been to EVGA's web site. I am asking espially about the green light. If it does not come on what is the problem.

Back