• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Introducing MSI’s Big Bang Trinergy Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
Introducing MSI’s Big Bang Trinergy Motherboard
by sno.lcn

Since P55 was introduced, it seems like I’ve seen nonstop complaints about options for running multiple graphics cards. This is because most P55 boards only have a total of 16x PCIe lanes available, to be divided between however many cards you happen to be running. So for an SLI or Crossfire setup, you’re only going to get 8x/8x speeds. The difference between 16x/16x and 16x/8x and 8x/8x (and so on) have been well documented. This bandwidth limit seems like just another obstacle for the P55 platform.

MSI has fixed this by adding an nf200 chip (already used in many X58 boards for the same purpose), providing either 16x/16x for dual card configurations, or 16x/8x/8x for triple card configurations. How effective is the addition of the nf200 chip? Well, if you do not want to run more than one GPU, it’s not. But for the rest of us that want the highest bench scores possible, or the best possible gaming performance we can get, I’d say this feature is invaluable.

Click here to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
sno.lcn

Got some new OC results with this the other night. Here is some brief air testing.

superpi32m7m56643s.jpg

2x GTX 260 SLI

aquamark325641.jpg

3d0398037.jpg

3dmark0539831.jpg

3x GTX 260 SLI

aquamark324060.jpg

3dmark03120498.jpg

3dmark0540882.jpg

3dmark0629873.jpg

Last edited:
Sno MSI kicks out some great mobo's don't they? It looks to me you turned off HT in order to get that BCLK as high as you have it. Nice work Sno.

what cpu cooler did you use to overclock it to 1.5x volts?

I'm thinking of overclocking the cpu soon...

what cpu cooler did you use to overclock it to 1.5x volts?

I'm thinking of overclocking the cpu soon...
Jeremy (aka sno.lcn) is an extreme overclocker and regularly uses extreme cooling. I do not know what he used for this testing, but it would not surprise me if this was done with something other than air/water cooling. Maybe phase change or dice, or possibly even LN2.

In fact Jeremy even won the GOOC North American qualifier last week and is headed to Taipei for the International competition next month!
http://www.overclockers.com/north-american-oc-2010-winner/

How was the Bclk on this board? Did you find the wall on air, or are you going to wait for DIce and Ln2?
Not sure if Jeremy will see this right away, he's a bit busy now....this review was done last year, bit of a thread necro :rolleyes:

Jeremy (aka sno.lcn) is an extreme overclocker and regularly uses extreme cooling. I do not know what he used for this testing, but it would not surprise me if this was done with something other than air/water cooling. Maybe phase change or dice, or possibly even LN2.

In fact Jeremy even won the GOOC North American qualifier last week and is headed to Taipei for the International competition next month!
http://www.overclockers.com/north-american-oc-2010-winner/

Not sure if Jeremy will see this right away, he's a bit busy now....this review was done last year, bit of a thread necro :rolleyes:

I didn't even notice that. Lmao. It's really unimportant whether or not he answers then.

Back