• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

want to upgrade the P35-DS3L mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tanderson

Registered
what would ya'll recommend? nothing to expensive and not looking to get the i5/7 right now. have a Q8200 cpu but im not liking it so much so what would ya'll recommend cpu and motherboard combo?
Thanks!

yeah, im looking to get a E8400 for my board hopefully i will get better results from that cpu. but if i cant find something like that i will look for a new mobo, ive been looking at the P45-UD3P that a good board?

why would you still want 775 when you can get I5 for the same price. I5 750 and P55 combo around $200. it out perform most of the 775 cpus

cause im new to really getting into specs of mobos and processors and from what ive read the E8400 is a solid chip and my quad cant do much on my mobo. but if you say i can get an i5 and a mobo combo i may look into that. where do you know of these deals, i thought the i5 was about 200 bucks and a good mobo was about that too?

so you like the P35 DS3L mobo? i have that now, but in march i think ill be upgrading to maybe an i7 or i9. so ill need a new mobo for sure

so you like the P35 DS3L mobo? i have that now, but in march i think ill be upgrading to maybe an i7 or i9. so ill need a new mobo for sure

Absolutely. But, you'll really like running an i7(or i5), once you get used to the clock architecture, nothing like OCing a skt 775 board.

thats a little over my head of what you're talking about now, haha. just got into overclocking a month ago, so not really sure about the sockets and different types of boards and chipsets and all of that yet and architecture. hah. ill have to trust you though, hopefully further down the road ill know what you mean!

Back