• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage II extreme or P6T Deluxe V2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeffery_Paul

Registered
Building a PC for a mate and the P6T Deluxe V2 that I run mine off is out of stock, no ETA. Is the Rampage II extreme a better choice? or should I just wait til I can get my hands on the one I originally planned. the reviews I have read or all mixed, some prefer one, others the other.

I don't plan to overclock very much, as I have never overclocked before. Probably just to 3.4-3.6 and if he wants to push it further its his risk to take.

Last edited:
Yea the Asus P6TD Deluxe is the newer revision of the Asus P6T Deluxe v2. The only change that I see is that the P6TD do not have the on board SAS, and they removed the floppy connector on the board.

I have just finished my gaming build and I am using the Asus P6TD Deluxe with an Intel [email protected]. I am not an over clocker wiz, and I did manage to do a small OC to 3 GHz. For my memory I am using the Corsair Dominator GT (PC3-12800, DDR3-1600) and I had to clock it in the bios, I used the XMP profile and input these settings: 7-7-7-20.

At first I was looking for the Radeon 5850 card but they where all out of stock and I got desperate and went and bought a Nvida GTX295 and installed it and played Dragon age, while playing DAO I noticed some graphic glitches, so I re did the drivers, down loaded updated drivers, and tried it again, still the same issue, so I thought it was my OCing that my has cause this, so I set everything in the BIOS back to defaults, and still get the glitches and hangs up in the game. At that point it’s been 2 days and I found out that Microcenter had just got the Radeon 5850s in, so I returned the GTX295, re-installed Win7 with the new video card and put back my OCing to 3 GHz. I have not had any issues with my PC while playing DAO no glitches and no hangs, I even ran Prime 95 64bit on full load for about an hour just to try to see if it will hang but no, it works great, and I get nice temps with, my Corsair H50 push/pull while doing Prime95 for an hour the CPU temps never went past 59c and while playing DAO for about 4 hours I get temps in the upper 30c.

With my experience I got the best results on the Asus P6TD with OCing on a Radeon 5850 and I even OC the Radeon. I would say I am very pleased with Corsair for their H50 and memory, and very very pleased with the Radeon 5850, just imagine what I will get when I cross fire with another 5850. The Asus P6TD is good and it took some getting use to on the OCing part but I got it down and my system is very stable at 3Ghz, I do not plan to OC more than that knowing how much money I spend on my system I don’t want to take a high risk but if I was to OC it more I would max it out at 3.2 GHz.

@Living Waters.. most likely you just got a possible bad card.. your cpu oc wouldnt have that kind of effect on your gfx card since you don't up the interface between the card and the mobo..

@Living Waters.. most likely you just got a possible bad card.. your cpu oc wouldnt have that kind of effect on your gfx card since you don't up the interface between the card and the mobo..

Yea thats what I was thinking, but I did return the GTX for another and the same thing happden, but thats what I get for trying to buy a card that was on sale it was the PNY GTX295 for sale for $475.00 at Microcenter, the guy at Microcenter was going to replace it with the EVGA GTX295 but they ran out of stock. And I didnt want to wait for the GT300 cards to come out who knows how long that will take.

Back