• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock X58 Extreme + DDR3 1866

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The default memory multiplier for the i7 920 is 8x (2:8 FSB : DRAM ratio), so w/ a default BCLK of 133MHz the resulting DRAM frequency is 1066MHz. So in order to run the RAM at a higher frequency without changing the BCLK, the DRAM multiplier needs to be manually increased from the default of 8x to 10x or 12x for example. A 10x or 12x multiplier results in either a 1333MHz or 1600MHz effective DRAM frequency (considered to be OC'd) at a 133MHz BCLK. In the Chipset Settings menu of that board, you just need to select a particular DRAM frequency from the list of available options. If the 14x (2:14 ratio) option is available, then the resulting DRAM frequency would be 1866MHz. Otherwise in order to reach that frequency at a lower multiplier, the BCLK would need to be increased from the default.

Sorry for the late reply. Holidays are butchering me.
Thanks redduc, that makes perfect sense and played a part in us getting the 1688 (or there abouts) mhz stuff since the lady wants to OC her i7.

Cheers.

I have a ASRock X58 Extreme3 and want to know if this is normal:

If I set in the Bios Overclock mode from Auto to Manuel and i save it and then when i reset my computer my computer shots down and 3 a 4 second
my computer comes back on again.

I have don OC many times on Computers, and what i know it's not normal that my computer will do that, or is it normal that he do that?

Also with the newest Bios he dos that, If i only set Overclock mode from Auto to Manuel, and not OC anything and save, he will turn off every time when i want to reset my computer, and then Windows will load and when i
reset Windows my your computer shots down and 3 a 4 second my computer comes back on again.

But do you all have this when you OC with this MB, or with the ASRock X58 Extreme?

If not i gone RMA this MB for a new one.

I have sent a E-mail to ASRock but i hear nothing from them.

Back