• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vote: Asus Rampage II Gene vs Asrock Supercomputer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FuriousGeorge

If you had to pick, would you rather have a:

-Asus Rampage II Gene

... or ...

-Asrock Supercomputer

The only major difference I see is that the latter does 4 way SLI / X-Fire, and the former only 2x.

Also, the former is mATX and the latter ATX.

Overclock-ability is a concern, but so are features... besides 4-way SLI... I can't ever see myself having 4 GPUs and a 1200W PSU with all them cables.

Please share your thoughts. Picking a side is great, and giving a reason is greatest ;)

Thanks in advance!

My vote would have to be the Asus Rampage II Gene no doubt. :D

Asrock is not known for High Overclocking potential. I will admit the Asrock is a stable platform that you just set and forget. The Asus has the ability to oc like a bat out of hell which will give you much enjoyment when you're maxing out performance from your hardware.

Thanks guys.

The 4 PCIe ports and the non-mATX form factor had me eyeing the ASRock, but my gut said 'Asus'.

Does anyone advocate for the ASRock?

Asrock....

Ok just kidding. While the Asrock offers quadfire support (you already stated that you won't use it.) For that reason only, why spend more for something you'll never use.
The Asus should do everything you need it too, for less money. Get the GENE.

Asus Gene. That was the board I was going to go with before picking up my UD7. It has most of everything I was looking for plus it apparently overclocks well.

Back