• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 W3570/i7 920 A few thoughts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TURN & BURN

After some fun playing with this Motherboard I have found it to be very user friendly loaded with all you could ever need. Found one great feature the Gsata 6/Gbs for the added speed in you!!, as you will see in the screenshots able to reach 233 BLCK on a 920 dispite the lack of good working bio as of yet so a bit of tinkering and tweaking will get you there. Anyone using a mid to upper X58 will have no problem getting around the bios freature and there are plenty to keep you interested. I'm not into doing a full review on the board but have posted plenty for your wandering eyes. Is it worth the $$$ yes I think it is BUT!!!! I have a i9 Westmere in route sitting in customs at JFK which after running on the board will give you a full feel as this is what the board was created for!!

If anyone has questions about the board I will be more than happy to answer them as best as I can, so feel free to post it or message me.

So now here are the screens and my specs below!!!

The i7 920 First F3c Bios

233_BLCK_SUPER_PI_4890.jpg

4870__06M__232_BLCK.jpg

high Volts but the SS was key and now the W3570>>>> F3c Bios

06M_35180_at_5000_memory_2000M.jpg

W3570_PI_32M_5000.jpg

Now the waiting game to see what these 6 cores can do????? back once it arrives and loaded.

Hope you enjoyed the picks and Blab and Keep Cranking^^^^^^^^^^

T&B

Ha-Ha If you like i can do low volts I think up to 4.7 then the Zip is needed to run up hill to 5.0

Actualy here is a shot of a 4.8 run low volts with F2 bios but couldent run the memory up!! 1.3+Vcore

Run_5_4800_32532_06_Marks.jpg

LOL

T&B

Ha-Ha If you like i can do low volts I think up to 4.7 then the Zip is needed to run up hill to 5.0

Actualy here is a shot of a 4.8 run low volts with F2 bios but couldent run the memory up!! 1.3+Vcore

Run_5_4800_32532_06_Marks.jpg

LOL

T&B

Now that's a great voltage to hit 4.8GHz. My C0 needs that voltage to get 4GHz. Anyway, great overclock and a great motherboard indeed! Love the temperatures as well. :)

Now that's a great voltage to hit 4.8GHz. My C0 needs that voltage to get 4GHz. Anyway, great overclock and a great motherboard indeed! Love the temperatures as well. :)

Yes once we get a good set of bios and I KEEP STRESSING BIOS as it is holding this great board back I think we shall see some rather amazing benching and I'm sure this is a gateway Mobo for the i9 6 cores which I should have tomorrow and be whipping it up!!!!

So stay tuned>>>>>>>>>>>>>

T&B

Yes once we get a good set of bios and I KEEP STRESSING BIOS as it is holding this great board back I think we shall see some rather amazing benching and I'm sure this is a gateway Mobo for the i9 6 cores which I should have tomorrow and be whipping it up!!!!

So stay tuned>>>>>>>>>>>>>

T&B

Looking forward to seeing it. I can't say the BIOS is holding you back when you're almost hitting 5GHz! :shock:

Looking forward to seeing it. I can't say the BIOS is holding you back when you're almost hitting 5GHz! :shock:

True to an extent but there are a few glitches with memory and as you know these are all beta's which aren't polished!!!! Also having to switch between Bio's in order to get different CPU's to work shows that these aren't full updated Bio's carring complete code's over from previous bios.

So that's a Yes & No as far as holding back finished complete Bio's will most likely get you a bit more overhead or so I've found through the years.

Yes I want to see what these chips Gulftowns are going to be like. this is a 2.4 coming and I have a 3.06 also on the way. I'm a bit fuzzy on release dates for them thinking like Q2 or maybe Q1 but late as far as I can tell for now.

T&B

True to an extent but there are a few glitches with memory and as you know these are all beta's which aren't polished!!!! Also having to switch between Bio's in order to get different CPU's to work shows that these aren't full updated Bio's carring complete code's over from previous bios.

So that's a Yes & No as far as holding back finished complete Bio's will most likely get you a bit more overhead or so I've found through the years.

Yes I want to see what these chips Gulftowns are going to be like. this is a 2.4 coming and I have a 3.06 also on the way. I'm a bit fuzzy on release dates for them thinking like Q2 or maybe Q1 but late as far as I can tell for now.

T&B

I've been on a beta BIOS (F6e) for my EX58-UD5 for about 8 months now because it was the only one that properly supported S3 sleep. Now, I'm just too lazy to flash and update. As long as the BIOS is stable, that's all that matters.

I've been on a beta BIOS (F6e) for my EX58-UD5 for about 8 months now because it was the only one that properly supported S3 sleep. Now, I'm just too lazy to flash and update. As long as the BIOS is stable, that's all that matters.

I'm sure thats fine for you and also the UD5 which I had 2 of and sold were stable as well on there bios BUT the board went through a few good updates and the big issue for some was the S3 sleep a bit different with this board being new and not having ONE bios that all CPU's will work on along with the memory multipliers ect. rather a big difference.

T&B

Back