• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can NE1 recomend a $50 or less PS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
Had a $ maker deal go through. (I luv those cheesy side jobs)

Putting together a H20 system in a new/ different case, Decided to spend the $ on a GOOD PS. ($50.00?)

AMD system,XP1600, using a 108cfm 120mm intake for the Rad.
Figured I'd use 2-92mm (42.5cfm x 2) and the PS for exhausting.

I have been using Antec PS's and just haven't had any luck w/them. (1 died, 1 is underpowered-300w) Currently using an A-1, 300W PS and it barely cuts the Mustard @ 1.84v.

Thought I would ask everyone for a good recomendation.

TIA.

:cool:

I bought a Sparkle 350W recently for $60, shipped. So far, so good. I'm running an original GF256 in the box. These Vidcards are power hogs. My fave PS's are from PC Power&Cooling, but my wallet wasn't enthused about 'em recently.

I dunno what, if any part of an H2O rig runs on the PC's PS. If a pump or such draws its current from the PS, it's possible that a big-time power supply is needed.

Ok, after scrolling the fourm a bit more and seeing all the ppl who have asked the same question......over and over and over......

I should have asked how to put a 12v regulator into a PS instead.
I have seen the thread, but still am unsure.

The PS needed must be a "good" one. That is determined by the person buying.

But mod'ing it to run a pump. Is another story.
and maybe another post or a PM or 2.

Thanks Klosters64a.

:cool:

You can try doing a search for HEC psu's, They are well made and are workhorses.

Here's a HEC vs Enermax shootout.

logo.jpg

Back