• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone run an ASRock P43DE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrix_2k

This board: http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P43DE&s=775
Review: http://www.ocworkbench.com/2008/asrock/P43DE/g1.htm

I'm building a budget gaming computer for my brother and just settled on this motherboard, mostly due to my prior experiences with ASRock and the one review I saw for this board. I had a $600 budget to get everything but the case, so I had to settle on a cheap mb. He's not looking to do any serious oc'ing, but a small overclock would be welcome.

Here's the parts:
CPU: Q9550 E0
RAM: G.Skill 2gb x2 DDR2 1066
MB: ASRock P43DE
GPU: Sapphire HD 5770
HDD: Hitachi Deskstar 1tb
PSU: OCZ 500w StealthXStream

Any opinion on how this system will run/oc? I'm slightly concerned about running a C2Q on such a cheap board... but I had the same concerns with the board in my sig and it's fine (I've built three separate systems with that board model and they're all rock solid).

No one is using this board? I'll get this thing built tomorrow if all goes well and post my experiences.

As promised, I'll post my experience. The computer went together in about a half hour and booted right up, zero problems. I'm using the stock HSF & immediatly oc'd to 3ghz then installed XP. The utility to OC inside of windows works perfectly... you can adjust voltages, multipliers, and FSB speed on the fly - very cool. Anyway, I'm at 3.4ghz (400 x 8.5) perfectly stable. I haven't run P95 for more than a half hour or so, but I've been running all kinds of demos and benchmarks without a problem. I'm having problems beyond 400mhz FSB, and it's most likely the board because I dropped the multiplier to 6 and it still bombs above 400 mhz. I bumped the VTT & NB voltages up and got it up to 410 mhz, then 412, but it won't boot at those speeds and is still a bit flakey. Overall, for a cheap board, I'm pretty impressed.

Back