• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI P43T-C51 doesn't post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AzAzEl656

Hi

I just purchased a MSI P43T-C51 and for some reason it just does not post.
I would just like to know if this would be an issue with the motherboard or if I missed something somewhere.

Here is a list of the components in this PC. Everything is brand new.

PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power PSU - 390w
RAM: Corsair XMS2 Memory - DDR2-800MHz - 1GB (3GB)
CPU:Intel Core Duo E5400 2.7Ghz CPU - Dual Core - Socket 775
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250GB.
GFX: TwinTech nVidia Graphics Card GT240 512MB GDDR5 128bit - PCI-E

First, after installing everything and seeing the computer doesn't post I thought it might be the graphics card. I put it in a different PC and it worked perfectly. Next I removed all the RAM modules and put them in one at a time to see if it might be a faulty module. Nothing changed and I swapped them out with a working module in my friends computer.

I don't have a spare CPU so I wont be able to test that.

Anyone had any issues with this motherboard at all? I'm really starting to worry since if I have to RMA this I'll only get it back next year.

Thanks.

Well, that power supply might not have anything to do with it, but it only has 216W (or 18A) available on the 12v rail. That is quite low even for this rig.

What I did notice is that the CPU you are using is not on the board's CPU compatability list (unless I missed it). Here is the link: http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=prodcpu2&prod_no=1839&maincat_no=1

EDIT: Forget it. Its on there. With BIOS revision 7519v20 or v22 depending on the stepping of your chip.

The hard drive, DVD ROM, CPU fan, Graphics card fan and case fans spin up when turning on the power. Do you think I need a larger PSU for this system?

Im wondering what BIOS it shipped with...and Im not sure you can find out unless you find the cheapest CPU on that compatability list with an older bios and see what it has. Start there and lets get it to POST before anything.

Back