• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I just got confirmation that I'll have the funds on the 24th to get a 920.

There is a Micro Center about 40 minutes from where I live, so I figured I'd avail myself of their $199 in store pickup price.

What steppings/batch numbers should I be looking for, for a good candidate for overclocking? This will eventually be paired up with an EVGA 762 Classified MB.

At this point, mostly D0s are available. It would be quite rare to find a C0. Anyway, batches are no longer an accurate indicator of any particular overclock so just get the chip and good luck.

Eve nthe A batchs of the D0s are good. My A stepping is board limited at 222.

Dont think you can go wrong by getting any D0

Yeah probably won't find anything but D0's at this point.. If your MC has a "B" batch, then grab it, but otherwise don't worry about it. Chances are there won't be any difference, but I am pretty pleased with my "B" batch that I also purchased from a MC about 6 weeks ago. Most i7 920's are actually "A" batches.

theres an i7 in classies as a part-out

Yep, good price too. Unfortunately I won't get the funds before it is either sold, or won't do any good for the seller's purpose. They need the money for Christmas, and I won't get my funds until the 24th, and not be able to get at it until the following Monday.

Back