• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 750i BIOS downgrade issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neoxx

I recently upgraded my BIOS to v1.41, and later figured out through the oh-so-helpful xfx support team that my processor (Pentium D Extreme 3.75) was no longer supported. Apparently they sacrificed all Pentium D support for more features. I'm hoping that the 1.3 version will still have support, as it looked mostly like a bugfix version.

I got a P4 to stick in there, and everything boots up ok, but I ran into a problem when trying to downgrade the BIOS to 1.3, which happens to be the only other version available for this board.

The "binary" file that they say is included is actually a .113 file, and not a .bin like they said it was. It also comes with a readme that says to use winflash to apply the update and that its available in the download section, which it isnt. I'm completely baffled by their lack of information behind this update, as the 1.4 BIOS was incredibly easy to do as it was a .iso.

Problem 1: Can I use the .113 file just like a .bin file? I know it wont burn to a cd unless I change it to .bin, but will it work in WinFlash? It appears that .113 is also an extension used in the Iomega Backup software, which I cannot get to try to restore it.

Problem 2: IF I need to use WinFlash, I have Windows 7. I havnt been able to find a version of it that works, at least on this laptop also running 7.

Thanks in advance for the help. Seemed like this was the best place to bring this question, dont let me down! :p

Back