• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5N-E SLI with Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thefollower

Hey,

Im trying to get my CPU overclocked using this motherboard and it has the option of "AI Overclocking". So i managed to get it up to 10% with my Q6600.

Basically gone from 2.4GHz to 2.64Ghz. But for some reason when i hit 15% i get this continuous alarm in the tower going off and 15% does not let me load the OS - i have to press F1 to continue but with default settings.

But many have reported i should be able to get 3Ghz some have shown me theirs up to 3.5Ghz. I can't figure out what the alarm noise is telling me...

I should add im slightly new to this so i ain't touched voltages unless a pro has told me how to do it.

See image for 10% OC current. Hope you can help me reach the 3Ghz mark.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 218
  • heat.jpg
    heat.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 213
:welcome:

You should list all of your system specs (set up a signature) for more specific help from the community.

If you want to OC, you should do everything manually.

First thing you'll want to know is that the 650i chipset isn't a good OCer even for duals, I know from experience since I have a P5N-E SLI too. It will be even worse for quads, but it should be able to get the Q6600 to 3.0GHz though.

Next, you'll want to read this, and get RealTemp and Prime95.

Then, manually setup the FSB, vCore, RAM timings/voltage, and disable a few BIOS settings (SpeedStep, C1E).

Finally, run Prime95 and monitor temps with RealTemp for stability.

Back