• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Cooling Loop Waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noahmichvfs

Registered
Hi, I'm building a new loop and had a couple of questions about waterblocks and pumps. Firstly, here is my shopping list so far from frozencpu:

Resevoir- EK Dual Bay SPIN

Pump- OCZ Hydro 800LPH

Radiator- Black Ice Xtreme III

Tubing- Feser 1/2" UV blue

CPU Water Block- Swiftech Apogee GTZ

I have heard that the Apogee GTZ is a great performer, but I do plan to expand my loop when I upgrade my GPU and possibly full Motherboard cooling (NB, SB, etc...) in the future. So is this waterblock too flow restrictive? I do plan on doing some substancial overclocking on my e8400 (already @ 3.9Ghz on air) so performance is very important to me, and I don't want my flow rate dropping when I start adding more components.
Any Feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!

+1 for HC 3.0
for pump rather DDC/MCP355 with XSPC acrylic top or XSPC reservoir top.

You dont need to watercool NB/SB unless you use nvidia chipset mainboard.

Hi, I'm building a new loop and had a couple of questions about waterblocks and pumps. Firstly, here is my shopping list so far from frozencpu:

Resevoir- EK Dual Bay SPIN

Pump- OCZ Hydro 800LPH

Radiator- Black Ice Xtreme III

Tubing- Feser 1/2" UV blue

CPU Water Block- Swiftech Apogee GTZ

I have heard that the Apogee GTZ is a great performer, but I do plan to expand my loop when I upgrade my GPU and possibly full Motherboard cooling (NB, SB, etc...) in the future. So is this waterblock too flow restrictive? I do plan on doing some substancial overclocking on my e8400 (already @ 3.9Ghz on air) so performance is very important to me, and I don't want my flow rate dropping when I start adding more components.
Any Feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Umm not a great res. The spinner reduces flow. There are newer ones.
Weak pump
Rad needs high speed LOUD fans to perform, there is MUCH better out there.
The GTX is pretty good, but the XT is even better
Feser tubing? Nope. Try Primochill LRT, it's the best we have right now.

Ever seen this link full of guides, info, stores and even more info? Just spend a few days learning.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253958-29-watercooling-guide

You didn't mention the size of rad you plan to get. Might need to do some learning on heatload of your parts/planned additions and how much rad you'll be needing.

Umm not a great res. The spinner reduces flow. There are newer ones.
Weak pump
Rad needs high speed LOUD fans to perform, there is MUCH better out there.
The GTX is pretty good, but the XT is even better
Feser tubing? Nope. Try Primochill LRT, it's the best we have right now.

Ever seen this link full of guides, info, stores and even more info? Just spend a few days learning.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253958-29-watercooling-guide

You didn't mention the size of rad you plan to get. Might need to do some learning on heatload of your parts/planned additions and how much rad you'll be needing.

+1+1+1+1+1

Back