• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need new motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snakegb

Registered
Hi all,

I have just bought another GTX 280 Graphics card to Sli as I want to run 3 monitors, the thing is i just found out my mother board wont use sli as its crossfire, so i need to get another motherboard ive been looking at these

Asus Striker II Formula, Asus P5N72-T-PREMIUM, Asus P5N-D

any ideas if there any good or would you recomend another, here are my specs

Q6600 quad 2.4 @3.4ghz Liquid cooled,Gigabyte X48-DS4 MB, HX620w corsair psu, 4gb DDR2 1066 Ballistix Tracer, Nvidia GTX 280 BFG, DVDRW, Gaming Harddrive

Last edited:
Socket 775 and SLI really limits you...you'd need to stick to a motherboard with an nVidia chipset...750i & 780i for DDR2 or 790i for DDR3...none of them were great...might be a good time to upgrade to a newer platform :) i7 + SLI is sweet :santa:

hmm, think ill have to go with one of these Asus P5N72-T-PREMIUM as i cant afford to change mem , chip and board :shrug:

would love to have this sexy beast (EVGA 780i SLI) would also match my EVGA GTX 280 but cant find it anywhere in the uk:cry:

Back