• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5N-T Deluxe crashing issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bb5sam

Hellllloooooooooo start with the basics
my Pc.
Asus P5N-T Deluxe Intel 780i BIOS 1206
Core 2 Quad Q6700
2 x 2Gb RAM
Nividia Geforce 9500GT
SB Audigy
ST3320820AS Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 320-GB
Windows Vista 64bit Home Premium
700w EZcool Supply

I am new here and dont know wether this post is in the right place, but i have got a new mobo to replace my nt exactly top class asrock mobo.
So my pc turns on fine, but it can be when im gaming, or not doing anything at all, pc can be idle and it freezes, when i say freezes mouse doesnt move, keyboard unresponsive, ct-alt-del doesnt work and the sound stops working.
I have tried several bios updates and playing with one or two voltage settings as i heard that the cpu getting undervolted was a problem with this mobo, but i dont really know what i am doing when it comes to the deep end bios stuff. Ive rum memtest and didnt show any errors, all my drivers etc are updated i dont know what the next step is i am willing to try anything and will answer any questions i just need this thing to be stable.
Hope someone here can help me !
Cheers
Sam

Using RealTemp--> "Settings" page, make a note of the Max. Core VID of your chip. Next use CPU-Z to record your Vcore (Core Voltage) while the CPU is under a load (like while running SuperPI; 1M test is sufficient, or Prime). Compare the two readings, and if the recorded Vcore in CPU-Z is lower than the Max. VID as read by RealTemp, then you'll need to increase the Vcore until the two voltages match. A reading in CPU-Z that's slightly higher than the VID is fine, but you don't want to see a lower voltage.

ok did what you said last night and compared the 2 readings, vcore was alot lower so increased it and left it overnight, in the morning it was fine hadnt froze but then it froze when i played cs. Ill keep trying different voltages

What are all of the current voltages? You can use a program like PCProbe to read the current voltages from within the GUI. Also post the VID of your chip, and the Vcore as shown by CPU-Z while running Prime. Also post a direct link to your RAM, and also all of the settings under the FSB & Memory Config. section of the BIOS. Posting all of the settings in the Memory Timing Setting section might also be helpful. If DRAM timings are set to AUTO, then post a pic. w/ MemSet open showing all of the current RAM timings.

Code:
CPU Voltage:  
Memory Voltage:  
NB BRO4 CHIP Voltage:  
Northbridge Voltage:  
Southbridge Voltage: 
1.2v HT Voltage: 
CPU VTT Voltage: 
GTLVREF:

DSC01082.jpg DSC01083.jpg DSC01085.jpg DSC01086.jpg DSC01087.jpg DSC01081.jpg

Heres the pics from bios
MY pc went all last night and all day without crashing until about 10mins ago
1.424 was the core voltage CPU-Z gave when running prime.
REAL TEMP shows the VID to be 1.3250.

A Vcore of 1.55V is way too high, w/ 1.424V while running Prime also being too high for a quad w/ a VID of 1.325V and a 2.75GHz clock (90MHz overclock). I said "equal to, or slightly higher than the VID while running Prime", not +.1V or higher. And I still need to see exactly what RAM you're using (more info. needed than just "2 x 2Gb RAM"), including SPD timings and voltage. And since all voltages are set to AUTO, I need to know what the current voltage readings are... using PCProbe, HWMonitor, Everest, etc. Also post pic's of CPU-Z open to the Memory and SPD tabs

Back