• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a external unit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biofear

I just got done upgrading my PC with 1.5k worth of parts. Last night I finished up the system and after filling my current external Exos 2.5, it sprung a leak. What kind of external unit do you guys recommend?

have you checked what is leaking in your exos , it could be as simple as changing some tubing if your lucky
That would be a fix that would cost you $10 to $15 max
If it was me i would be all over it to figure out what was leaking
Just my 0.2 cents

have you checked what is leaking in your exos , it could be as simple as changing some tubing if your lucky
That would be a fix that would cost you $10 to $15 max
If it was me i would be all over it to figure out what was leaking
Just my 0.2 cents

+1

Here is one of my external units ( for screening cpu's and other testpurposes)

Yeah it looks sheit - but have xtreeme :D performance

2mwsbdl.jpg

This one has 2x heatercores in serial, I also have one similar one with 2x heatercores in BALANCED parallel ; the balanced parallel performs somewhere around 15-20% better.
If I don't balance the flow on the parallel setup unit it performs much worse than this serial unit (that was to the frog :D )

Last edited:
Yeah its the reservoir leaking. I've read, Koolance is well known for reservoir leaks. Guess I'll just order a replacement part. But I really do like that new swiftech all in one... Might have to look into that once they hit the market.

Yeah its the reservoir leaking. I've read, Koolance is well known for reservoir leaks. Guess I'll just order a replacement part. But I really do like that new swiftech all in one... Might have to look into that once they hit the market.

And it cannot be repaired ??

Yeah I tried using some PVC liquid cement around the elbow tube connector. I'm going to take another look the evening to see if its still leaking and checkout the water pump thats attached to the reservoir and see if there may be a leak there.

Back